Martha Stewart may seem like a meticulous person, but she does leave room for one spontaneous purchase when planning and organizing her travel bags:
“I once bought a flat of apricots from the Santa Monica farmers’ market—and carried the whole flat home on the plane because I wanted to make jam.”
What's in Martha's packing list?
- A cashmere shawl that doubles as a blanket;
- Slip-on Merrell clogs “for running through airports";
- Louis Vuitton or Tumi roller suitcase;
- Carry-on tote for office paperwork in clear sleeves;
- Towelettes to wipe down seats;
- Emergency vitamins;
- A neck pillow bought right before boarding (and then usually left behind or lost);
- Ipad and a camera;
- Carefully coiled chargers (with a plastic bag for each device).
- Fragrance (Fracas);
- Moisturizer (Yon-Ka or Mario Badescu rose spray);
Just how organized are you when you travel? We've blogged before about obsessively-tight schedulers who don't always appear to allow for any surprises. But Martha Stewart is one celebrity who seems to be very prepared yet allows some wiggle room for spontaneity.
Your Turn to Comment
What are your packing secrets? What are some of the things you take home with you when you travel? Let us know here in the comment section or you can tweet us @johntrosko on Twitter. You can also check me out on Instagram (@johntrosko).
Like this Topic?
Want to learn smart and practical organizing tips for your home, office and life? Save time by signing up for free topic updates and receive them as soon as they're published. Plus, as a gift receive our exclusive Martha Stewart Living Radio recorded radio interview and transcript, chock full of strategies, tips and resources direct from John.