Announcing the closing of escrow on Twitter last month, Handler bought a contemporary, 6-bedroom, 7-bath estate in the Holmby Hills neighborhood of Bel-Air. This year, the politically incorrect star of E!'s Chelsea Lately has a lot to be thankful for. Not only has she become a popular comic and personality, she has a new closet fit for a queen.
While it appears the picture above is an MLS image for the listing, we think Handler should keep the room as it is.
What do we love about Chelsea's new closet?
- A lack of pretentiousness (very elegant and clean);
- Glossy varnished hardwood floors;
- Bookcases under the windows showcasing footwear;
- A comfy-looking yet sturdy chair to pull up high boots, slip on heels and tie athletic shoes;
- A built-in dresser for lingerie, tights and jewelry;
- A minimal amount of personal items, decor and furniture;
- Space to wheel a garment rack when changing over seasons;
- And for goodness sakes, the view!
If Chelsea were to hire us, what would we suggest to enhance her closet?
- Add an island in the middle of the space (as long as the island does not block the view);
- Add some long-hang space for gowns, dresses and long coats;
- Poliform boxes on the top shelf, for out of season storage items;
- Some really graphic wallpaper, with a feminine touch, perhaps pink or chartreuse (minimizing the obvious masculine elements in the room);
- Add a mirror (not sure if she already has one in there);
- Substitute the lonely chair for a blue velvet loveseat.
Happy Thanksgiving to Chelsea and to all our readers. What are you thankful for this organized year? Please share your comments.
image courtesy Big Screen Little Screen
Chelsea Lately buys her first home in Holmby Hills - Casa Sugar
Chelsea Handler buys her first home in Bel-Air - Realtor Christophe Choo
Experts' Guide to Doing Things Faster - Organize Your Closet (our book contribution)
Chelsea Handler - Home for the Holidays (The Real Estalker)