Win lunch in Beverly Hills with green advocates Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry, co-hosts of the VH-1 reality show, “My Fair Brady.”
The folks at Green Plug are sponsoring a nationwide photo contest for the messiest cable clutter, and just in time for spring cleaning.
According to Frank Paniagua, Jr. Green Plug CEO of San Ramon, CA:
“Consider this a case of show and tell. We’re looking for examples of a problem that plagues each and every one of us – that unsightly tangle of wires, black bricks and wall warts that supply your computer, printer, phone, desk lamp … and who knows what else. Just multiply what’s at your feet by millions – that’s how it is that a staggering 379 million discarded and obsolete external power supplies are destined to end up in U.S. landfills this year alone.”
- Look under your desk (arrange for a spotter in case you faint)
- Take a picture of the offending area
- Write a caption for the picture
- Include your name, mailing address (including street address, city, state and zip code)
- Forward caption, info and pix to the Green Plug Sweepstakes blog
Green Plug will randomly select a photo submission from those received and announce the big winner on Earth Day 2008, April 22.
- 1st - Lunch in Beverly Hills “green advocates” Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry, co-hosts of the VH-1 reality show, “My Fair Brady.”
- 2nd - $500 gift certificate to Wal-Mart
- 3rd - Green Plug will make a $250 donation to the third place winner’s favorite green nonprofit organization
- Green Plug - website
- Green Plug Sweepstakes - blog
- Pictures of submitted disaster areas - click here
- Adrianne Curry - official website
- Christopher Knight - MySpace page
Do you have a cable disaster lurking under your desk? Are you ignoring it? Out of sight, out of mind? We'll try and post ours in a day or so - how could a professional organizer avoid a photo op?
If you've enjoyed this post and want to see more, please subscribe to our daily emails (Feedblitz) or through the RSS Feed (click here). Options are now available for Twitter (Feedblitz) and your mobi through FEEDM8, too.