The closing was part of a strategy which started in 1998 when the company closed 5 of 6 store locations. Sales on the website grew rapidly, outpacing store sales, so it was a natural the last store would be shut down eventually.
"The web far outstripped store sales, says Cathy McManus, marketing director. “Sales have slowly been eroding over the years with the major influx of the Big Box retailers," she says. “Our site took off and quickly surpassed our brick and mortar sales, so most of our marketing efforts have focused on our site.”"
It was a smart move to go ecommerce. An upcoming website design should make the site more functional and more appealing to the eye. They are going to do great, without all the headaches of training, marketing, stocking, competition and waste of operating a "real" location, like the one in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Source - Internet Retailer
- Organized Living is reborn
- Liz Watts hosts new Organizing Living blog
- Stacks and Stacks presents the Clutter Control Freak Blog
- OrganizingLA Road Trip to Northern California (Santa Rosa)