It's not often that we're in the same magazine as a Hollywood superstar like Will Smith.
Will has a large family so we are sure he appreciates a well-organized home.
In the January - February issue of San Fernando Valley Magazine, we were among an elite group of organizing professionals and design experts interviewed by author Elyse Glickman. We were especially honored to be first expert mentioned!
"As there is never any shame in asking an expert, a great place to start the process is OrganizingLA, a consulting firm specializing in home and office organizing projects. Under the watch of owner John Trosko, clients not only determine what needs to be tossed or stored, but what they hold on to too much in the first place."
"Organizing is more than just a neatly folded towel, or a stack of papers or shopping for containers." Trosko points out. "Understanding why you accumulate will help you wipe out the clutter."
"It's easier to pile up items instead of taking the time to make a decision to retain or discard. In our work-every-minute world, mass consumption society, people do not realize the amount of time lost to simply locating paperwork, tools, gadgets, addresses, DVDs, flashlights, keys or photographs. Just think about the last time you looked for that warranty or receipt in order to repair to return something."
Other experts mentioned in the humongous piece included:
- Robin Valdez, Owner of Expert Organizers in Encino, Calif.
- Closet Crafters of Ventura, Calif.
- Jessica Duquette of In Perfect Order in Los Angeles
- NorthStar Moving Corporation, a Chatsworth-based moving company with celebrity clientele and kudos from Angie's List, CitySearch and the Franklin Report
- Christopher Lowell, Los Angeles Interior Designer, television personality and author of "Seven Layers of Organization"
- April Masini, columnist, author and blogger
- Regina Leeds, Organizer and best-selling author of the newly released "One Year to an Organized Life"
- Barb Friedman, Dr. Phil guest, business organizer
- Vicki Norris of HGTV's Mission: Organization and founder of Restoring Order in Portland
- Marc Shuman, founder of Garage Tek
Valley Magazine serves the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Simi Valley and Conejo Valley. With nearly 1.8 million residents, the Valley and its surrounding environs are compromised of more than 30 different communities and is part of the area OrganizingLA serves.
The article is not online, but available on newstands right now.