A San Francisco man has saved over a year of garbage not because he has disposaphobia, but because he ran an experiment in consumption.
For one year, 35-year old professional caterer Ari Derfel kept every tissue, receipt, food wrapper and plastic bottle inside bins located in his kitchen and living room apartment. The "Green Wedding Guru" even organized the trash by type, so it could be "seen, felt and understood more clearly."
You can check out Derfel's blog-- see what he plans to do with this year's accumulation as well as his desire to see if he can collect less, next year. Derfel even has a page devoted to his most embarrassing trash.
- Source: CNN and Associated Press
- Check out Ari Derfel's blog - Save Your Trash
- Image courtesy Ari Derfel
- Private trash collection in Los Angeles
- Contents of Paris Hilton's trash auctioned off
- Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks telegrams found in Beverly Hills dumpster worth thousands