"I want to get my garage organized. I don't have a lot of stuff and I'd like it to look great. Can you make any shelving suggestions? -- Signed, Garage Envy"
Garage Envy-- Southern Californian's sure love their cars. But remember the days when your car actually could fit into the Garage? If you can't squeeze your wheels into your fab pad, try these garage organizing solutions. This is a really basic list, some suggestions are budget-minded, some more upscale and some drive us into sheer Organizing Euphoria.
- Melamine Storage Cabinet, from Lowes and Coleman
- The TekPanel system from GarageTek
- Garage "Grids" from OnlineOrganizing.com
- InterMetro Wire Shelving, from Costco
- Heavier-duty storage shelving, from Gorilla Racks
- Document storage racks, for file boxes, from Metal Point
- Plastic shelving for home and business from Ace Industrial Equipment, Inc
- Basic 3-shelf hardware kit with multi-purpose shelving, from Rubbermaid
- Platinum wire shelving, from the Container Store and Elfa
- Do-it-yourself Handyman utility shelving
- Lista muscle car garage components
- Semi-custom laminate cabinets gallery from The Complete Garage
- Molded plastic 4-shelf cabinet, from Target and Sterilite
- High-end Baldhead (pictured below, right) Garage Organizing Systems
- Gladiator GarageWorks (pictured above) higher-end systems, from Whirlpool
Tip # 1: Some of these solutions require self-installation time. You should fully investigate the time element before acting. And we've learned recently from one adventurous Client, that one option weighs almost 100 pounds. Imagine trying to find help at Costco lifting those babies into your cart, and into your car trunk. We eventually had them delivered for a hefty price of 50% of the cost of each unit. Save your back.
Tip # 2: Make sure you purge the entire garage before you get excited and purchase a system. Then, gather your material list and go shopping. Once you're all organized, make sure you read our post on how to actually stay organized.
- OrganizingLA on KABC Garage Organizing Segment
- Before/After Pictures of a project in Studio City and Hollywood Hills
- Does Karl Rove Need Help Clearing the Clutter in His Garage?
- The Hollywood Hills' Garage - Why are Residents Parking on the Street?